Saturday, May 4, 2013

Summit 9

Well hello!  It's me here! Yea, the one that used to post here at least kind of regularly for the last few years.  I've been a bit absent from bloggy land lately.  It's not that I don't want to be here.  It's just truly that I have not had any time. Really, none!  

The last  9 months have just about kicked my butt. Having 9 children at home is busy, and the 5 girls really keep me going.  All of the girls except Madalyn are in school, and I thought that would make it a little easier, but it has almost made it busier.  The good news is they are all doing well and enjoying school a lot. We are super happy with Anna and Victoria's school, and Ruby is actually over there with them now.  Emmee is attending school about 25 miles away, which makes for a long day for her, but she is doing pretty well with it.  Still, getting everyone dressed and fed and ready in the mornings is alot of work and I'm almost ready to go back to bed by the time I'm done.  Lol    

I'm sitting here in Nashville waiting to board my flight back to Colorado.  It is delayed (but thankfully not cancelled which is how I started this trip), so I thought I'd write a few things.  

I was blessed to have the privilege to attend Summit 9 for the last 2 days, which is put on by the Christian Alliance for Orphans.  This is the 9th summit conference (hence the 9), and there were over 2500 people attending!  It was AMAZING!  What's really cool is that the first Summit had only 39 people in attendance.  How amazing what God has done in just the last few years!  God is moving friends!  God most definitely has a heart for orphans and it is so wonderful to see how many people are responding to His call.  

Just walking into the church sanctuary the first day getting to worship the Lord you could just feel the presence of the Holy Spirit and knew He was there.  And in a big way!  Got to listen to people like Peter Eide, Stephen Curtis Chapman, Jimmy Wayne, Nicole Mullen, and David Platt! And more!  Everyone had their own moving story concerning orphans or adoption or the like.   

Hopefully I can share more about what happened there and what I learned.  I especially enjoyed spending time with my friend Wendy and meeting new people like Amy and her beautiful family who were so hospitable and let us invade their house!  Love Love Love seeing other adoptive families and especially their sweet kiddos.  

Nashville and the surrounding area is truly beautiful as well.  My pictures aren't the greatest but I will leave you with them anyway.  Fixing to board my flight.  I would appreciate any prayers for safety and a smooth flight.  Thanks!
 Coming into Nashville

 Brentwood Baptist Church - this place is enormous!


 Stephen Curtis Chapman

David Platt




No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language