Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hong Kong Day 1 - Sunday morning

 It's Sunday morning here in Hong Kong!  We finally got settled into our hotel last night and to sleep about 11pm HK time.  That would be about 8 a.m (Sat morning) for you Colorado folks back home....about 14 hours time difference.   Then I woke up all wide awake about 5:30 a.m.  Would've liked to sleep longer but once I realized it was Sunday morning and we are so close to getting Ruby, I just couldn't go back to sleep!  :)


Our beast of a plane!  It was a long flight, but we really didnt have much turbulence.  You  have no idea how thankful I was for a smooth ride!!  :)  Praise God!

In my mind I knew yesterday was Saturday here in Hong Kong, but I left early Friday morning, so my body seems to think this is Saturday morning.  It was daylight all day and during the whole long flight.  We left early Friday morning from Durango when the sun was just coming up, and landed in Hong Kong as the sun was just going down.  Except that it was Saturday evening here...  We had to close the windows on the plane so we all could sleep.  I guess it's a trick to make you think it's an overnight flight.  They served us a meal pretty soon after take-off, then a snack about mid-flight, an then breakfast right before we landed.  Except it was about 6 o'clock in the evening.  Weird!  Ha ha

Daniel and I had a banana split and sprite for dinner in the hotel that cost about $25.  Probably wont be doing that again, but what do you expect in a hotel that costs $265 a night.  Lol
.
 The view from our hotel room as the sun comes up.  Very pretty


As I was looking out the window, we noticed a plane coming in to land. So I jumped up and got a picture real quick!  Well, as I have been typing this, about 6 more have come in.  If nothing else, we will be able to watch planes land for entertainment.  Lol






Pretty cool actually!  Well, we are going to head off and get some breakfast!  Thank goodness breakfast comes with the price of our hotel room.  With the prices of banana splits here, there's no telling what they charge for breakfast.  Ha ha   Really I am just kidding.  This is a really nice hotel and very pretty and we love it so far!  :)

I wanted to add that we fly out this evening into Nanning, the capitol city of the province where our sweet Ruby will meet us!! We heard from our agency right before we left that there was a slight possibility that they would bring Ruby to our hotel room Sunday night!!  That's tonight!!!  Wow!  We won't know for sure until we land and meet our guide.  

Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts for our safe travels!  We are so excited to be here and so ready to get the girls!!  

3 comments:

Juli said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH.....can not wait!!! So happy that you have a great hotel and that you will be holding Ruby soon!!!!! Prayers that all goes well and can't wait to see the post that you have her.

Misty said...

So cool that I an picture exactly where you are. Oh I hope they bring Ruby to your room! How cool would that be! Sending prayers your way;)

Jamie and Jim Coleman said...

Yay, so exciting... I think Ruby is going to need a $25 banana split too.... Just saying':) I can not wait to see her in your arms :)

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language