Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Our Weekend Trip Part 3

We are finally home and settling back in to "normal".  It has been a super busy and exhausting last 5 days.  We left for Denver on Thursday and got home Sunday evening. I have lots of pictures and extra stuff to blog about.  But it has been taking me awhile to get back in the groove...  I will be sharing it with you here on the blog but not necessarily in the order in which it occurred.  Lol 


We went to a wedding at the Air Force Academy on Saturday.  It was really nice. The son of some very good friends of ours who is also the good friend of our son, Jordan, got married.  He was a recent AFA graduate as well.  I didn't get any pictures though, because as usual we were running late... just like every other event we go to. ha ha!   I wish we could've taken some pics of the kids with the huge model planes on the base.  They were really cool!!


We had to walk quite a ways from the parking lot to the AFA Chapel.  It is so beautiful, but I honestly thought I might get carried away walking to the Chapel.  I was seriously hanging on tight to my 4 year old.
  
It.  Was.  Windy.


Friday night was Madalyn's sleep study.  I got more and more nervous the closer we got to it.  I was DREADING it.  (and I wasn't even going to have to be with her this time...).  If you've ever had to go through a sleep study with your kid, you know what I mean. 

NO.  FUN.  


I bought Madalyn some new pajamas on the trip up.  Somehow I thought that might help her.  But really I think it was just therapeutic shopping for me.  




Justin and Dillon were really upset when she finally had to go. I felt so bad for them. 

This is the only picture I have of Madalyn after she was all wired up and wrapped for her study.  Mark texted it to me.  He said she held up very well during it all.  He said she did not cry at all, but when they were done, he took the picture and she had her lower lip out all sad and breathing hard... but no real tears.    


He said she was up about 9-10 times during the night and he had to get up with her and settle her back down each time.  Needless to say, neither one of them got much "sleep".  I'm not sure why they call it a sleep study.


Here's Madalyn the next morning after a bath and after all the gunk was washed out of her hair.




Daddy giving his baby girl lots of lovin'...


She was very happy to be back with her family!  But so very tired!!  All she wanted to do was sleep and was not her busy little self at all.


Next up...the Zoo and a swallow study.

No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language