Monday, May 14, 2012

Adoption News and More

We received our I-800 approvals today!!  Well, we didn't really receive them, the paper copy will be coming in the mail sometime in the next couple of days. But I did get confirmation from our USCIS officer that she had approved them and that she would be putting them in the mail today.  Yay!!!   Because C is a Hague country, the process is a little different than it was when we adopted from Ukraine.  You receive approval of your I-800A after you are fingerprinted, which you include when you send your dossier.  Then, once you receive your Letter Seeking Confirmation (LOA) from C, you fill out the I-800 and wait on something called a Provisional Approval (PA).  This is what we received today.  We got 2 PA's since we are adopting 2 precious girlies!

Next we will wait on the National Visa Center to forward our case (file) to the consulate in C. That should be about a week or so.  Then we wait a couple more weeks for our Article 5 to be issued.  Once that is issued, it will be taken to the CCCWA, who will issue our travel approval (in approximately another 2-3 weeks).  That is about 6 weeks away.  Holy cow!!  We are not far off now! Once we receive our TA, we will travel about 2-3 weeks later.  We're talking early July!!!!  Oh my gosh!!

This is SUPER EXCITING!!!!



In other news, we traveled to Golden, CO this weekend to watch our 2nd oldest graduate from Colorado School of Mines.  We had a really great time and we are super proud of our son!!  He graduated Summa cum Laude, and received some other amazing honors, too!  Then he hosted a wonderful graduation party which we enjoyed very much.  The kids did, too!


Way to go Jord!!!






Jordan with his brothers and some of his cousins.  It was super cold, even snowflakes were falling down here and there....that is why my kids are wrapped up in blankets for the picture.  Lol  Gotta love May in Colorado!


We are still trying to sell T-shirts to raise money.  We are getting so close to traveling and we still have quite a bit of money to raise.  Click here to see the details again.  


Also, just a reminder, you can donate to our Reece's Rainbow FSP (family sponsorship page) if you would just like to donate.  Don't forget, it is totally tax deductible!!  :)  That button is on the top right of our sidebar.


We sincerely thank everyone for the awesome support you have shown us.  Without you, we could not do this!  So thank you thank you thank you!!!!

No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language