Wednesday, April 25, 2012

God Nod Today

  • Our family has been talking a lot about fundraising lately. It's a big deal in our household these days.  There are lots of conversations about how much money we still need to raise, how much we still have to have before we travel, etc.  It can be a bit overwhelming.  This evening, my hubby and I were having yet another conversation about it.  We had been talking about fasting and praying, and not worrying about the money!  Mark had been saying how God has provided everything we needed so far, right at the moment we needed it. We were trying to reassure ourselves that we just need to keep trusting and not FREAK OUT!  Lol
    Every single time we have needed money during this adoption journey, it showed up somehow. We never expected it, or knew it was coming.  
    Amazing.
    Anyway, not two minutes after this conversation, my phone bling-blinged (if that's even a word) with an email.  I checked it and it was an email from our case manager at our agency.  She tells me that they received a donation for $500 dollars last week from someone who wants it to go specifically toward our family's adoption!!  
    I didn't even know you could donate money to an adoption agency (for a specific family)!!!  Holy Cow!!!  
    Just minutes after talking about how God has always provided everything so far and right on time, and us saying how we need to just keep trusting Him for the rest and not worry, I get that email.  
    Coincidence?  
    Ummm, I think not!
    If that isn't a God Nod, I don't know what is!  What a confirmation from Him that yes, He wants us to keep trusting Him and that He is going to take care of things.  I am in tears just writing this.
    So amazingly AWESOME!!!!
    Oh I forgot to mention... the person who donated it wanted their information to remain anonymous!!  We don't even know who did this amazing thing!!!
    I don't know if that person reads this blog, or knows us personally, or what.  
    But I just want to say a BIG HUGE THANK YOU to the person who donated $500 toward our adoption!! 
    Thank you for being part of God's lesson to us and part of our adoption journey.  Thank you for helping us bring our little girls home!!!  I just don't even know what else to say, but thank you for being God's hands and feet and allowing us to witness Him working in this adoption and in our life.  

2 comments:

orphans4me said...

WOW!! That is so encouraging. And I love the term "God nod"
Joy

Jo's Corner said...

Hi Kirsten ~ (I have a SIL named Kirsten, so I love that name!!) BUT, thats not why I'm here. I am DELIGHTED to find out that you are adopting again! And, you are adopting HAILEY!! I was Hailey's Christmas Warrior for Christmas 2010 and I have the ornament with her sweet baby face on it! I want YOU to have it. I prayed for her every single time that I looked at it! During that time, I was told that my cancer was terminal and I prayed that I would live to get to see her in her Mama's arms! Needless to say, the doctors are wrong...at least so far! They said 6 weeks at the time. Ha! My "Real" Doctor is THE Great Physician and He's just not finished with me yet!
I saw Julia's post today and I got so excited to see that you are bringing home not one, but TWO little Lovies! They are beautiful. I cannot imagine having FIVE little girls to dress up! Heaven!! Where do you live? Need a Nanny? : )
I'm off to make a donation. And, I'll be sharing and blogging and Tweeting about your family! I followed your Journey to Anna and Madalyn and look forward to following this Journey to China. I have a feeling that this time is going to be much less stressful.
P.S. I just know that had I had a daughter, she would look just like Anna! She has the same big brown eyes that I have. And, she looks a lot like my baby pictures! I would've adopted her if I'd been able. But, I'm happy that You get to be her Mama! Much Love and many Prayers going up for your family!! ~ Jo

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language