Friday, August 12, 2011

Listening to His Call

This is a part of my blog post from last year, August 16th, 2010.  Just thought I'd share it again.

"When I first found RR, I showed some of the pictures to Mark and told him of the situation that these children were facing. Our hearts were burdened for all these precious babies. We were so moved by what we learned and we knew we needed to do something! I would've jumped in right away to adopt, but I was afraid. Of many things... We also just didn't think an international adoption was an option for us now, or ever.... There were other reasons, too. But God was working on our hearts and after only a couple months, we knew that this was His plan for us and the other stuff didn't matter anymore. He reminded us (me especially), that my fear needed to be replaced with faith in Him. Trusting Him and stepping out of my comfort zone to follow His calling for our family."


And we are so very glad we did! 

"We are thrilled that we have turned what started as a burden in our hearts, into action! And even after this crazy ride of an international adoption comes to a stop, and we have our girls home, we will continue to try to help. We plan to stay a part of this rainbow family and continue to do whatever we can, whatever God calls us to do next! Maybe we'll get to do it again! :) :)"


Here's the original post from last year in case you want to read the whole thing:

http://bringinghomeourgirls.blogspot.com/2010/08/check-out-rr-blog.html

"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12

No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language