Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Road Trip Part 3 - Sleep Study

After the swallow study, Madalyn, Samuel and I headed to Golden to see their big brother Jordan. Samuel was going to get to stay with him while I was with Madalyn at the hospital. We had dinner at Qdoba (yummy), walked over to Old Navy, and then I left my 12 year old in the care of his big brother to head back to the hospital. I was really bummed to leave them. I really did not want to go to the sleep study!



The before picture. Notice Madalyn is still smiling at this point....



Wild hair girl checking out the bed.



Madalyn with her favorite bear and almost ready to get "hooked up" and ready for bed.






My little ladybug after getting glued and pasted, taped, belted, and wrapped up like a mummy with billions of wires to her head, neck, chest, legs, and toes.

Notice the washclothes tied around her hands, too.



Poor baby is trying to figure out what the heck is going on and what is on her head...



And this is before they taped the carbon dioxide strip and the nasal cannula to her face...



My sweet baby girl. She has no idea what is happening, but is handling it pretty well.

It turned out to be a rough night, to say the least. And there was not alot of sleeping going on.

And my goodness I am trying to think of something positive to say about this sleep study. But I just cannot. I love Children's Hospital of Denver. We've always had positive experiences there. But this sleep study was not one of them. I don't blame the hospital, they were wonderful and nice as usual. But it is just something you don't want to do if you have a little one who cannot understand what is happening or if you don't have a really serious reason to have one.

I would not do it again if you payed me (alot!). Ha!!


The morning after...



still pretty tired from not getting much 'sleep'...


Fresh washed hair and red cheeks from the tape that was covering her face....



Back in the wagon.. (again...) Ha Ha



I was never so happy to see my Sequoia as I was that morning!!!

Take me home, Mama!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OOO BIG HUGS! tilly had a sleep study done to check for sleep apnea! a sleep study on a child who has sms...doesnt get any more crazy! xxx

Stephanie said...

AW, what an ordeal! She is just adorable!! And such a trooper!

Melissa said...

Ugh! I'm not looking forward to one of these. I think Claire will have one in the next few months. She's a really restless sleeper and I think she may have some apnea.

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language