Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Road Trip Part 1

Madalyn was scheduled for a swallow study and a sleep study at The Children's Hospital in Denver. We had to make the sleep study appointment back in February, well actually the swallow study as well. If you know anything about sleep studies there, you know you have to schedule these pretty far in advance because apparently they do a ton of them. More about that later though.

Anyway, we live about 6 hours from Denver, so it is a bit of trip to plan. Especially when you have 7 kids at home... We decided just I would take Madalyn, and my 12 yr old son Samuel would accompany me to help out. Mark got to stay at home with the other 5 kids (9,7,3,2,and 2).

We love Colorado! It is so pretty where we live. It really is one of the most beautiful parts of the state. We think so anyway!

Samuel took some pictures as we drove.



Headed up to Wolf Creek Pass.


Passing by some cows... If you know me, you know I love cows!! Wish we still had ours.



The view from above. This picture does not do it justice. It is sooo pretty!



Cool waterfall


Here's Samuel and Madalyn




Madalyn checking out the flowers.


Very pretty. Wish I knew what these were called...



So sweet....the princess and her big brother.



Here's Madalyn at a rest stop on the other side of Wolf Creek. We stopped here because I have pictures of most of my kids taken at this place all the way back to when our son Jordan was little. So I just HAD to stop and get pics of Madalyn here, too!


More pretty flowers!!


And here's a picture of Jordan I found at almost the same exact spot with the same columbines behind him! So cute!!!





This one is me and Jordan taken almost exactly 19 years ago on June 12, 1992!! Wow! Back in my younger, skinnier days.... Ha Ha!!



Samuel and Madalyn on the same bench as above.





Aren't these Colorado Columbines gorgeous?!?
I think they must be the descendents of the flowers from Jordan's pics. :))

Well this post got a bit long from all the pictures, so it will have
to be continued....

Be sure and check back again for more on our trip to Denver and more cute pics!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Your area of the state is beautiful, and so very different from our corner of the state!

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language