Saturday, January 8, 2011

Update on Madalyn...



Well it turns out our sweet little baby girl does have pneumonia after all. :(
What a total bummer and it reminds me of why I worry about my little ladybug so much sometimes. A little cold can turn into something way worse so quickly. I know there are probably many parents of kids with DS who can totally relate to that. It is the only thing that I really don't like about Down syndrome. It just does not seem right.... (the unfairness of that part of it gets to me sometimes. What can I say?) Because that wonderful little extra chromosome affects every single cell in their body, every body system is affected. It just makes it harder for these little ones sometimes.

Really, I know that things could be so much worse and I shouldn't be complaining about it! I just hate to see my little girl suffering through these long drawn out sicknesses that most kids (or mine anyway) get over relatively quickly. Madalyn is just such a sweetheart and she doesn't deserve to have so many health problems... No child does!!
Ok, I'll quit going on about it.
Please pray that Madalyn will get better quickly and will not have to make a trip to the hospital for this!


What a happy girl...when she is feeling good!

The "Nebs"... She hates doing these!



And a bonus cute picture of Anna! I rarely can catch her with a big smile when the camera is out so it was exciting to get this pic! She smiles alot...really!! You just wouldn't be able to tell if you were just looking at pictures.

2 comments:

Jamie and Jim Coleman said...

Oh Kirsten- I am so sorry to hear Mad's is so sick! Nebs are no fun, I don't blame her for not liking them! We are praying she get's well soon, and for strength for all of you guys who are helping her to feel better. Sick days make for even longer days. Try to nap with the kiddo's. Hang in there! Love Jamie

Rebecca said...

What can I do to help? Anything? I know sick kiddos can be all consuming! How about a dinner??

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language