Friday, January 7, 2011

Oh geez......

Madalyn is back on O2......


Dang!!!!!


Look at my beautiful blue-eyed babies!! (One born from my body, the other not...but still so very much my baby).

Well, it has been almost a year since Madalyn has had to be on oxygen. She was on it the first 9 months of her life, then off for a bit, then back on again because she got croup and then RSV. She was hospitalized twice last year for respiratory illnesses. This little one just seems to have it a little harder than most when it comes to respiratory stuff. I know that children with Down syndrome are much more prone to this because of their tiny nasal passages and airways, but like other things...not ALL children with Down syndrome have the exact same issues! Anyone who has experience with this and might have suggestions, please leave a comment! We are always cautious and worried that any little runny nose she has is gonna turn into something way worse! Anyway, she is on O2 because her sat levels were down pretty low and she has some kind of infection, but the good news is that she doesn't have ear infections or RSV or pneumonia...... yet!! Yay!

What a bummer to have to add the hassle of O2 to our already busy days! But our Ladybug is handling it pretty well. She tried to yank the cannula off for about the first hour she had it on, but after that she was off and crawling and exploring, trailing her hose behind her... :))






Victoria sure is having a ball with that new green hose lying all over the place now! This little girl likes cords, strings, hose, Christmas lights, anything like that.... She absolutely loved it when we were putting the lights on the Christmas tree!! :) What a funny girl!!

Instead of buying toys for your little one, get an oxygen hose! The fun will last for hours!!

1 comment:

Jamie and Jim Coleman said...

oh, pretty peanut! Praying her infection clears quickly! I hated it when my kids would get put back on oxygen..expecially when I thought we had outgrown in :( it always would catch me off guard and I would turn into an emotional mess for a couple of days...haha I think it re-traumatised me every time they were put on O2. I hope it doesn't do that to you! Hang in there, let me know if I can help with anything!

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language