Monday, October 18, 2010

Just a quick update. We had our first Embassy appointment today. It was really cool! We got to walk right in front of this huge line of people out front waiting to get in. Apparently they were waiting to get visas to come to the U.S. It was the same way inside, too. They knew we were there and called us right up and started giving us the paperwork we needed. Made us feel quite proud to be Americans! I did feel kinda funny cause the other people were just looking at us. But, it was just so nice after all the waiting we have done the last few weeks. Who am I kidding, more like the last few months! And they had some awesome pictures in there of the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone and a Native American father and son in Sante Fe. It really made us think of home!!

Anyway, we were told by our facilitator that the girls' passports are done, but they won't be available to be picked up until tomorrow. That is really good news, but the pessimist in me says I am not believing anything until I have those babies in my hot little hands! :)) We have to get them in the morning so we can get the girls' medical appointments done for the Embassy. Then we will have to go back to the Embassy at 2pm to finish up and get their visas.

The girls are doing pretty good still. They are adjusting remarkably well actually. But we are still pretty concerned about Victoria's health. She is so small and thin, and we feel like we won't really know how she is doing until we get her home and take her to our most awesome doctor. :) I don't think we will really get much of an idea even tomorrow at her medical appointment. Maybe, but I don't know. Anyway, please pray for her to stay as healthy as possible and stable until we can get her home! She just seems so fragile, but I know she's a fighter! She has made it this far!!
Anna is doing so great! She is so happy and such a funny girl! She is busy and active and smart and she loves her food!! Look out, Madalyn, your big sister is coming and she's gonna keep you on your toes!!

1 comment:

Jamie and Jim Coleman said...

Yippy, Yippy! You're almost home! Praying for Victoria, she is sooo tiny in the picture with Mark...you have said it several times..But I never got the full picture until I saw him holding her in one of your most recent posts. Pray that everyone stays physically and emotionally strong on the last few days of this VERY LONG Journey!

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language