Monday, October 4, 2010

Finally a post...

Wow, sorry.....it has almost been a week since I posted last! So, I guess I will update on what's been going on since our court day!

We decided that I would come home with Mark during our waiting period. It ended up being a longer period of time, so after much deliberation we changed our plans. I was very torn about whether to come home or not! I wanted to stay and continue to visit the girls because we had seen so much progress with them in just 6 short visits. (We actually had about 3 hours for each visit.) It was just really, really difficult to leave them! But we also thought it was going to be such a long time for the kids at home, especially Madalyn and Justin. So it really just became a decision as to who needed us the most at that moment. We knew the girls would be okay (I use that term loosely), staying in their same routine. Even though we know it would be much more beneficial to them to continue to see us (me) on a regular basis. But the kids at home were really missing us and we decided it would just be best for me to come home, too, and reconnect with everyone. Also to give the people that have been taking care of them a break! They have been doing an awesome job, but I know 5 kids can wear on you pretty quickly! :)
Okay, I have rambled on enough about all that!!!!
I am missing my little girls like crazy! It is hard because we really don't have any contact with the orphanage to get updates or anything, and so we are just praying that they are fine and staying healthy!

We will be flying back on Sunday. We can't wait to see the girls again and we just want to go and get them home!! Please pray for us for safe travels and for the paperwork/process to continue to go smoothly. We have been so blessed in that this really has been a "problem-free" process so far! God has been so good to us!!

It is nice to be home and back into the regular routine! It did take a few days to get over the jet lag. But we have been enjoying our kids, watching their football games, getting to see friends again that were very much missed, and paying bills and yucky stuff like that, too. :) Mark also took the boys fishing and they caught a bunch of fish! Even our 3 yr old, Justin! He is quite the fisherman I guess!

Here's some sweet pics just for fun... Boy, do we miss holding these girls!!
Little miss Victoria



Don't you love Anna's shoes?



Pretty girls!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your girls are beautiful :)

Jodi said...

oh, they're so sweet, and those eyes of Anna's are so huge and beautiful!!!

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language