Monday, August 16, 2010

Check out the RR blog!

Just wanted to invite you to read the Reece's Rainbow blog. (Just click on their button on the right of our blog and it will take you there.)

There is a very thought provoking message there from our wonderful Executive Director and founder of Reece's Rainbow, Andrea Roberts, and I felt it was extremely important to share it. She has written so well what many of us that are a part of the Reece's Rainbow family feel, and why we are doing what we're doing.

When I first found RR, I showed some of the pictures to Mark and told him of the situation that these children were facing. Our hearts were burdened for all these precious babies. We were so moved by what we learned and we knew we needed to do something! I would've jumped in right away to adopt, but I was afraid. Of many things... We also just didn't think an international adoption was an option for us now, or ever.... There were other reasons, too. But God was working on our hearts and after only a couple months, we knew that this was His plan for us and the other stuff didn't matter anymore. He reminded us (me especially), that my fear needed to be replaced with faith in Him. Trusting Him and stepping out of my comfort zone to follow His calling for our family.

We are so happy we listened to this call. We are so excited, especially, that we may be only a month or so away from meeting our girls for the very first time! We are honored to be a part of Reece's Rainbow and to know the leaders of this ministry. They really are amazing people, full of passion and love for the orphans. And for serving and helping others!! They don't want people to just think they are amazing and commend them for it though. They want to raise awareness for these precious children with Down syndrome (and other special needs) and let people know that this is happening, so others will step up as well, and do something to help! Whether it is by donating, praying, or adopting!!

As Andrea said in her post, "... I am not interested in being honored or uplifted for this work. I am interested in people stepping up to HELP ME and to feel as deeply passionate about serving as I do. Turn that burden in your heart into action."

I agree!! Whatever it is....please do something!! We share your passion, Andrea! We are thrilled that we have turned what started as a burden in our hearts, into action! And even after this crazy ride of an international adoption comes to a stop, and we have our girls home, we will continue to try to help. We plan to stay a part of this rainbow family and continue to do whatever we can, whatever God calls us to do next! Maybe we'll get to do it again! :) :)

So, please, please go to the RR blog and read it.....and be inspired!!

On a side note, after I read it and was looking around at the rest of the blog, I discovered that there was a little post about us! How cool is that! I hadn't been there in a while and didn't even know it was there. So, you can scroll down aways after you read her post and you will find a little post about our family! There is also lots of other good information there as well!!!

You can also click on this link to go straight to the message about us....

http://reecesrainbow.blogspot.com/2010/08/our-as-one-familythe-westbrooks.html

We are all called to help the orphan!! (James 1:27) There are no exceptions!!!


"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12

No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language