Thursday, July 15, 2010

Waiting and waiting and...

We are still waiting...it seems like most of this adoption journey so far has been us waiting on something or someone. You'd think we would get used to it by now. But not really! It is taking so long! It is just so hard to keep waiting patiently when I know how long our little girls have already been waiting. They are getting older every day! It has been a lifetime to them! Literally! Wow, thinking about it that way changes my perspective a little bit. They are the ones that have reason to complain! I know I need to be patient and remember that this is all going to happen in His time! God knows the exact day and time that we will meet our little girls and and get to hold them for the first time! He has had that planned since long before we knew about it! I know that without a doubt! This verse...

Patient endurance is what you need now, so you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that He has promised. Hebrews 10:36

and this one...

...And let us run with endurance the race that God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from start to finish. Hebrews 12: 1-2

...helps me stay strong and have the faith to continue on! We are so excited to meet our daughters and bring them home! And sometimes it seems like we will never see the end result, the day they are officially ours!

What exactly are we waiting on this time, you might ask? We are waiting on only one little document to be able to send our dossier to the girls' country! Only one little piece of paper between us and traveling to meet our girls! Doesn't seem like much, does it? But is a very important piece of paper! It is our Approval letter from USCIS, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. They will ultimately approve us for adopting orphans from another country! We have to have that paper!

Well, the other day, I had been patiently going through my days thinking we would get that letter any time. I wasn't worried about it (yet) and so when a friend suggested I call the officer in charge of our case to find out more info, I really didn't feel the need to but I did it to satisfy her. :) Boy am I glad I did!!!

A few things happened that God was totally making Himself obvious in.... First the fact that my friend told me to call when I wasn't going to. Second, the fact that the officer in charge of our paperwork answered the phone herself! I had told myself I wasn't going to bug her, and just ask the person who usually answers the phone to check the computer. Then, much to my surprise, our officer told me that it was going to be a couple weeks before she would even look at our stuff! Wow, I was kinda shocked and didn't say too much except for "Ohhh". That's when the third God thing happend. She just threw out there that the only reason they would expedite our paperwork was for a medical emergency on the part of the child. Here was my chance and I immediately told her of little Magda's heart defect and her pulmonary hypertension which needs immediate attention, and will require open heart surgery. I mentioned that I had sent a letter with the girls' picture on it asking for them to expedite our case. Apparently, that letter went somewhat unnoticed, until this conversation, and she pulled it out and looked at it! Then she told me that she would mark ours for a medical expedite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That moves us up a couple weeks for sure! Wow God is so amazing and it is just really awesome when something like that happens! Thank you Jesus!! Yet another reminder of how God is sooooo in this adoption and that everything will go according to His time frame! He will make sure of that! He did it for us when we got our fingerprints done early, too! This has been a great encouragement for us! We are getting so close to seeing our girls!!!

So....we will just keep on waiting. But now we are waiting on Him! That makes it so much easier to endure somehow. He loves our girls and knows what they need and He will be faithful to provide it!

No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language