Monday, July 26, 2010

tomorrow, tomorrow, I luv ya, tomorrow....

It's only...a day awaaaay!!!

We were not thinking anything exciting would happen today. But we were wrong!

Our apostilled I-171H arrived today, so we will be mailing our dossier to the girls' country TOMORROW!

I told ya! I love it!!!

It is so surreal that we are at this point! I have "watched" many families reach this point, then travel, then come home with their children! I never really thought WE would be here! We are so excited,it is impossible to describe this feeling....

So... we are using Fed Ex to mail our precious package, our beloved baby that we have been nurturing and loving and growing for the last several months. We are entrusting the care of this very important bundle of documents to someone else! That is HARD to do! If something happens to this package, we will have to re-do everything! That is an overwhelming feeling! Yes, it is technically just a stack of papers! But papers that have had an enormous amount of time spent on each one!! It would be disastrous if it was lost.....



And in light of recent information, if we lost it, we would have to re-do everything and have it all done and sent by the first week in October! Apparently, the country we are adopting from historically closes from November 1 through February 1. They do not accept new dossiers during that time, so it is something to think about! We really should not have to worry about that, but worse case scenario.....it could pose a problem.... :(

Anyway...I'm sharing a couple pics of our very precious documents. 35 very important and very hard earned, notarized, and apostilled papers! You will never know how difficult paperwork can be until you have finished a dossier for an international adoption, especially one from this country! Ugh!!! But we are very proud to have it done!! :) :)

Please pray for safe travel for this special little package! Please pray that things will continue to go somewhat smoothly for us. We have definitely had our delays in this journey!! Seems like lots of them! But I think it has been a pretty easy process so far. Most of my pregnancies have been easy. The last one was pretty tough, especially toward the end, but our little Madalyn is so very much worth all the all hard times!!!

This time it is a paper pregnancy, but very much the same in many ways! We cannot wait to see our girls!! Thank you for your prayers! They are very much appreciated!!!

No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language