Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Westbrook chaos

This is sort of adoption related. Well, not exactly...but kind of! :)

So besides homestudy stresses and dossier paperwork, we have been busy painting and getting Magda and Arianna's room ready! So much fun and lots of pink!!! All for our 2 little princesses! This is actually pretty amazing if you know me at all. I have never been a "pink" person. I do/did not like pink, even Madalyn's room is red, black, and green. (a ladybug room)! And she was the first girl after 6 boys!





The boys have enjoyed helping.. they like to paint!




But look at this super cute bedding that we are
using in their room! Isn't it the cutest farm bedding for little girls you've ever seen? Way cute! And I LOVE the pink!

Anyway, the other day Mark had taken all but one of the boys to pick up Daniel from baseball practice and Madalyn and I were fixin' to start painting one of the walls in their room yellow. Here is Madalyn playing, she was having so much fun, notice the paint cans behind her...

Well, there were some in front of her as well. In the meantime, I had to run out of the room to talk with our little "radish" who needs a little extra supervision... Here's the before pic I took just before I walked out:





Isn't that the cutest smile?








When I came back, this is what I found......



Notice, Madalyn is missing from this picture... I was so shocked I just grabbed her up and ran for the tub...
Here is our precious ladybug covered in yellow paint! I have to add here that I thought the lid of the paint can was secure! I did not leave her there with an open paint can.... I really didn't!














She is not quite sure what happened and what to make of it all! She's so cute!!

So she made it out alive and well and all cleaned up! We are so thankful that she did not get a bunch of paint in her mouth! It could have been much worse and we are happy to be able to look back on this and laugh!

Like Mark said..."good thing this didn't happen on my watch!" He would never have lived it down! :)
She is happy and all cleaned up and even the
rug is clean thanks to my really smart husband who got right on the job and started cleaning!
I am so blessed to have a healthy baby, a great husband, and a loving God who watches over my family and keeps us safe! What a blessing!

No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language